How old you are is your business how young you look is ours.
PRP (platelet-rich plasma) or the Vampire Facial
PRP can help do the following
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Volumise the deeper layers of the skin to give better support under the skin
- Improve skin tone
- Improve skin texture
- Firmer skin
PRP can also help with the following medical issues
- Active acne
- Acne scarring
- Hair loss
What is PRP or Platelet-rich Plasma?
PRP (Platelet-rich Plasma) also known as the Vampire Facial or Dracula therapy relys on using the body's own self repair mechanisms.
A small amount of the patient's own blood is taken and placed in a centrifuge and the plasma is separated from the red blood cells.This platelet-rich plasma is then re-injected in the area to be treated. This platelet-rich plasma contains Growth Factors which will help repair damaged skin and injured tissue.
When these growth factors are injected into the problem area they stimulate other growth factors in the skin to grow and increase in number, this stimulates the repair so increasing skin volume, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and rejuvenating the skin.
Video showing the PRP treatment
What are the benefits of PRP treatment
- It can be used on most skin areas, ie eyes, face, neck, scalp, chest and hands
- Increases skin volume
- Improves skin texture
- It is very good for treating previously difficult to treat areas such as above and below the eyes
- This is a great value for money treatment costing around the same as Botox® and lasting up to 18 months
How many treatments will I need and when will I see the results?
Some patients will only need 1 treatment others may need 2 or 3 treatments at 4 to 6 week intervals.
Is there any downtime?
The downtime of this treatment is minimal
You can expect to see some swelling, bruising and reddness for 12 to 24 hours You may get minor bruising at the injection sites for 1 to 2 days
What can I expect?
You will see the results around 8 weeks after the treatment
As always good skin care will enhance the improvements
What does the treatment entail
- Your skin is cleansed
- A local anesthetic is applied to the treatment area
- A small amount of blood is drawn and placed in the GLO centrifuge, which will separate the plasma
- The platelet-rich plasma is then activated
- This activated plasma is then injected into the area to be treated using a series of small injections
Treatments from £399